- Contact Us
Job Announcement: Deputy City Clerk
City of Leeton, Missouri
For more information, contact Leeton City Hall at 660-653-4622 or Mayor Taylor Elwell at email@example.com
The City of Leeton is seeking a highly motivated individual to fill the newly-created role of deputy city clerk. The successful candidate will be able to fill the role of city clerk following anticipated retirement of the current clerk in late 2020. Applicants must have at least a high school diploma or equivalent. Experience in customer service or a government office is required, and applicants must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Applicants must be proficient in Microsoft Office programs, email and website navigation. Experience with accounting and QuickBooks is strongly preferred. Experience with websites, social media, and/or grants would be beneficial. A strong ability to work independently is desired. Part-time or full-time opportunity available, 24 hours per week minimum. Benefits available for full-time position. Salary commensurate with experience.
Responsibilities and tasks:
- Assist the city clerk in the administrative responsibilities of the city, including utility billing, collection, reconciliation and posting
- Provide excellent customer service to residents
- Coordinate and complete projects as assigned
- Respond to requests from citizens, departments and leaders
- Maintain accurate, professional and timely records and communication in accordance with state laws
- Assist in preparing information for Board of Aldermen meetings, including ordinance and resolution preparation
- Assist the city clerk with administration of payroll and accounting, including accounts payable
- Assist the city clerk with preparation and review of financial statements, quarterly financial reports and other financial documents for both internal and external use
- Prepare legal notices, documents and forms
- Work collaboratively with other departments and office holders to accomplish city goals
The City of Leeton is a small, family-oriented community in southern Johnson County, Missouri. Leeton boasts an exceptional school system, with Leeton Elementary recently recognized as a National Blue-Ribbon School. With its proximity to Whiteman Air Force Base (17 miles), Truman Lake (24 miles), Warrensburg (16 miles) and other surrounding communities, the Leeton and Johnson County areas offer families many activities. Community pride, friendly neighbors and great schools make the Leeton community a great place to live and work.
The City of Leeton is an equal opportunity employer. Applications will be accepted until position filled with preferred start of work date in August 2020. To apply, complete the application with instructions below.